Men's Bible Study
Bible Study INFO
Date: January 12th - April 27th (See full schedule below.)
Time: See info below.
Place: The Centre (777 Homer Street)
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
I Timothy Study
The Thursday Men’s* Bible Study group is for those men already attending a CG but are wanting to supplement things with further study.**
*Men who are post high school.
**It is understood that there may be extenuating circumstances keeping you from attending a CG. We certainly want to side on grace if that’s the case and yet you still wish to attend this group, we would just like to talk to you beforehand.
There are two options to choose from on Thursdays:
- A morning study that meets from 6:30-8:15 AM
- An evening study that meets from 5:30-7:15 PM
Both groups will meet in the Trap Room at the Centre and will be led by Norm Funk. However, a registration of at least 15 is required for a group to start. If both reach at least 15, then both will take place.
Commitment to attending each week is required. This is not a drop in and/or “come and go” group but one where those who sign up at the beginning will be expected to continue through the length of the study. It is understood that things “do come up” – travel, sickness, etc. – but with the rare exception attendance is mandatory for the sake of the individual and the group itself.
Some things to know about the study itself
This is a homework study of I Timothy. The amount of time needed for homework won’t be overwhelming but you can expect about 60-75 minutes of study a week. Based on your weekly prep you will be asked to share your insight with the group at large as much as you feel comfortable doing so.
This is also a study where there will be some memory work as part of your weekly homework.
“You plus 2”
On week one you will be partnered up with two others who you will pray with each week, share your memory verse, and commit to praying for throughout the week. Additionally, you will meet in this group one time per month at a place of your choosing (when the group doesn’t meet – see calendar below) for a time of prayer, hearing from one another and friendship building. It’s this aspect of the Men’s Study, at least in part, which makes commitment to the study so vital.
A breakfast or dinner will be provided. Meals won’t be anything fancy – think bagels, yogurt, juice and coffee for breakfast or buns, meat, cheese and some veggies for dinner, enough to take the growl away. We just ask that you throw $5 into the kitty for the meal.
I look forward to the launch of these groups in 2017 and will be praying that those men who sense a need for further study of the Bible will sign up. See you in January! –Norm
- There is a $20 registration fee that will pay for copy fees as well as your first 2 meals.
- Your registration is not complete until you've paid. You will be redirected to pay online after you fill out the registration form.
- If the class you signed up for doesn’t reach the required 15 people you will be reimbursed. Please note that on the registration form you will be asked if you could attend the other time slot if the one you choose does not reach 15.
- If you can't register online, please call the office (604.263.2314) or email email@example.com.
- January 12 – Introductions and Overview
- January 19 – 1:1-11
- January 26 – 1:12-20
- February 2 – You plus 2
- February 9 – 2:1-7
- February 16 – 2:8-15
- February 23 – 3:1-7
- March 2 – You plus 2
- March 9 – 3:8-16
- March 16 – 4:1-16
- March 23 – 5:1-16
- March 30 – You plus 2
- April 6 – 5:17-25
- April 13 – no study in light of Easter Weekend
- April 20 – 6:1-10
- April 27 – 6:11-21